Isleta Resort & Casino defines problem gambling as any gambling behavior negatively impacting the lives of individuals, resulting in serious personal, financial, or legal consequences.
Problem gambling takes two major forms:
1. Compulsive gambling
2. Underage gambling
It affects both guests and employees. Isleta Resort & Casino believes problem gambling is a serious issue that deserves a proactive response from the casino industry.
Isleta Resort & Casino is taking positive steps to address problem gambling because we do not want this behavior to harm our guests, employees, business operations, communities or industry. We have committed human and financial resources to promote education and awareness of compulsive gambling among our guests and employees. We have put in place policies and practices to deter underage gambling and discourage compulsive gambling.
Our Goal is to Promote and Support, to the Fullest Extent Practical,
Responsible Gaming Behavior at Isleta Resort & Casino.
What is Problem Gambling? Is gambling behavior, which causes disruptions in any major
area of life:
The term "Problem Gambling" includes, but is not limited to, the condition known as "Pathological", or "Compulsive" Gambling, a progressive addiction characterized by increasing preoccupation with gambling, a need to bet more money more frequently, restlessness or irritability when attempting to stop, "chasing" losses, and loss of control manifested by continuation of the gambling behavior in spite of mounting, serious, negative consequences.
Signs and Symptoms of Compulsive Gambling:
• Considered or committing an illegal act to finance gambling
• Changing sleeping or eating habits due to gambling
• Considering self-destruction as a result of gambling
• Celebrating good fortune by gambling
• Gambling to escape worry or trouble
• Gambling makes home life unhappy
• Losing work time due to gambling
• Feeling remorse after gambling
• Borrowing to finance gambling
• Desire to win back losses.